Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Possibly the BEST way for you to save your dollars!

The six letter word that nobody wants to hear is B-U-D-G-E-T, this can be daunting. Do not let it scare you I will link a web site that will change your life if you let it (in a GREAT way). As I stated on an earlier post, I had the privilege of attending a training by Joseph Sangl on how to coach individuals on their finances. Years ago, I also attended a Dave Ramsey "Financial Peace University" class that lasted for eight weeks. I feel that the stuff that Joe has to offer is more applicable to me, the tools he offers are free!, and Joe seems to make it more "doable" for me, and those whom I have the privilege to coach. Don't get me wrong, both Dave and Joe are GREAT to learn from!

Enough talking about it here it is....

http://iwasbrokenowimnot.com/

When you enter this website you have the "tool bar" at the top of the page, if you click on "tools" it will take you to a page where he has all kinds of budgets, and financial planning tools, and debt freedom calculators, ect. The first place to start is on the "monthly budget" this will allow you to input your estimated monthly income and place your estimated spendings into categories and you will see the calculations automatically take place right before your eyes. In my opinion the best budgeting tool he has the weekly/bi-weekly budget....it is AWESOME!!!! I absolutely love it! Once you get your estimated income for the five weeks that he has spread out, you can go thru and put in your expenses over the month and see exactly where each and every dollar is going.

This is important....if you get all your expenses put in and you have a "yellow bar" still, then you need to put that money somewhere. The VERY best place to put extra money that you don't have a place to spend it is in the savings column. You should already be saving a certain amount per paycheck already, if you are so lucky as to have extra money once things are allocated, then add the remainder to your savings, or giving’s column.

Once you know exactly where EVERY SINGLE DOLLAR is going BEFORE you even get it, this will help you in ways that you wont even know until you experience it. The goal of doing the budget is to bring the dollar amount that is not spent to EXACTLY ZERO and Joe says. Becuase they you are have accounted for every dollar.

Try this out, if you need help, email me.

Like I always say, if you have any comments, suggestions, or would like to add some tips feel free to contact me or post a comment on this blog.

Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment